In Episode 71 of The Architecture Happy Hour Podcast, Laura and Holly recap the recent meetup of The Architecture Happy Hour networking group at the Kohler Signature Store. Laura shares an interview she did at The Kitchen Source with Shylo Preston, a Kitchen & Bath Sales Designer.
In this Episode
- Networking in your industry can make you more valuable to your clients
- How Shylo Preston became a Kitchen and Bath Designer and found her niche in Dallas
- How a family’s three-generation history in the cabinet business turned into a unique customer experience
- International kitchen design trends are interesting, but you should pay attention to local customer requests
- Older homes tell some of the best stories
Notable and Shareable Take Aways
- The path to becoming a Kitchen and Bath Designer can take many turns, but the constant is a love for design and serving clients.
- Choose an experienced kitchen designer, a manufacturer with a reputation of quality, and installers with a personal interest in making it right.
- There are many opportunities to personalize your kitchen when you begin a remodel. Take time to discover what style resonates with you.
- When life gives you an unexpected opportunity to dive into your passion, chances are you won’t regret taking the leap.
Resources and Links
About Your Hosts
hpd architecture + interiors principals Laura Davis and Holly Hall are both registered architects and interior designers in Dallas, Texas specializing in residential design. Laura and Holly co-host the popular podcast, The Architecture Happy Hour, where they share their thoughts and tips on architecture and interior design, from helping owners select the right architect to never being too late to begin a career in architecture.
Each month, Laura and Holly organize the successful, monthly, networking happy hour also called The Architecture Happy Hour. A social networking community in the Dallas, Texas area, the events are hosted by a different business each month. The group is for professionals in architecture, interior design, real estate, and construction and is focused on creating relationships and offering business referrals to people they know and trust.
Connect with Us
The Architecture Happy Hour
hpd architecture + interiors
Are you interested in sponsoring The Architecture Happy Hour podcast? We want to connect with companies that are a good match with the interests of our listeners. Please call 214.751.2304 or contact us here to receive a media kit and learn more about sponsorship opportunities.