In this episode
- How we are enjoying our new office
- What does a vacation to Hawaii have to do with home design?
- Designing from the inside out vs. from the outside in
- Classical architectural styles vs. site responsive design
- Geeking out over vernacular architecture
- How a San Franciscan deals with a hot car ride vs. a Texan
- Home Design Tips on Choosing Windows: available materials and choices in operation
Designing from the inside out
Designing from the outside in
Vernacular homes respond to the climate and culture of where they are built
Thank you to our sponsor!
Renlita Custom Opening Solutions offers custom, vertical, operable openings. Check out their website at www.renlitausa.com/ahh.
If you are viewing this in a podcast app, these show notes and episode can be found at https://www.hpdarch.com/home-design-podcast/.
Are you interested in sponsoring The Architecture Happy Hour podcast? We want to connect with companies that are a good match with the interests of our listeners. Please contact us here to receive a media kit and learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Architecture Podcast Sponsorship / Guest Opportunities
Are you interested in sponsoring The Architecture Happy Hour podcast?
We want to connect with companies that are a good match with the interest of our listeners.
Please complete the Sponsorship section of our Contact Form and we will be in touch.
Laura Davis is a registered architect and interior designer in the state of Texas and Colorado, and a founding member of hpd architecture + interiors. Laura extensive experience includes residential as well as commercial and retail projects. She also has a particular interest in restoration, holding a certificate in Historic Preservation. She is energized by the character of older homes and the stories of those who have lived there. Responding to the needs of the current owner, while also honoring the personality of the original home is a delicate process to be enjoyed.