What makes a home look the way it looks? How do you approach designing a home based on where you are designing it and what style do you like? In Episode 85 of The Architecture Happy Hour podcast, co-hosts and architects, Laura Davis and Holly Hall talk about home design influences.
In this episode
- How we are enjoying our new office
- What does a vacation to Hawaii have to do with home design?
- Designing from the inside out vs. from the outside in
- Classical architectural styles vs. site responsive design
- Geeking out over vernacular architecture
- How a San Franciscan deals with a hot car ride vs. a Texan
- Home Design Tips on Choosing Windows: available materials and choices in operation
Designing from the inside out
Designing from the outside in
Vernacular homes respond to the climate and culture of where they are built
Thank you to our sponsor!
Renlita Custom Opening Solutions offers custom, vertical, operable openings. Check out their website at www.renlitausa.com/ahh.
If you are viewing this in a podcast app, these show notes and episode can be found at https://www.hpdarch.com/home-design-podcast/.
Are you interested in sponsoring The Architecture Happy Hour podcast? We want to connect with companies that are a good match with the interests of our listeners. Please call 214.751.2304 or contact us here to receive a media kit and learn more about sponsorship opportunities.