Do you need a speaker for a commercial or community event?
hpd architecture + interiors principals Holly Hall and Laura Davis are available to speak at your meeting, seminar, or conference. Please send any speaking requests through our contact page.
architecture & interior design topics for community groups include:
Current and future trends in home build and design - subjects that affect us all - make fascinating topics for community groups and schools. For example, what new home trends are of particular benefit to young families and what exactly can you do to recession-proof your house?
Holly and Laura draw on years of experience in architecture and interior design to bring to life the key concepts involved and deliver a fascinating talk tailored to your audience.
example topics for community architecture and interior design presentations
- Current Home Design Trends
- Residential Architecture as a Career
- Universal Design and Aging-in-Place
architecture & interior design topics for realtors
Casting the Vision:
Prospective buyers often see the shortcomings of a home before they see the possibilities. How many times have you heard them comment on low ceilings, small bathrooms or other unfavorable impressions? How do you, as a realtor, redirect this negative energy to positive visualization.
- remedies to common home buyer complaints
- low tech & digital tools to visualize future remodeling
- challenging remodeling hurdles
- evaluation skills for remodeling options
Architectural Style in Dallas:
Understanding the subtle characteristics of architectural home styles will improve your chances of finding what your buyer is looking for and being able to speak knowledgeably about the differences in traditional architectural styles of the properties you are showing will enhance your confidence and ability to close.
- learn how to properly identify architectural styles of significant homes in the Dallas area.
- decipher differences between traditional architectural styles
- recognize the differences between French, Italian, Spanish and Tudor
- understand the details of Crastfmen, Mid Century Modern, Ranch, and Contemporary styles
Property Secrets You Need to Know:
Some houses look like great candidates for renovation while in reality, masking challenges that will make any renovations far more trouble than they are worth. Knowing how to uncover hidden problems can save your buyers a lot of frustration and money.
- what to look for in a DCAD property listing
- how to identify and navigate local zoning restrictions
- what you need to know about historic and conservation districts
- how to read a property survey to determine if an addition to the home is possible
Trends in Home Decor:
Do your sellers look to you for home decor advice before putting their house on the market? Buyers flock to a home that is move-in ready with up-to-date finishes.
- which color trends to follow for a current but neutral palette
- how to update tile and still appeal to most buyers
- on-trend and low maintenance flooring options
- decorative touches that can set a listing apart
Past Speaking Engagements:
- UPS Women's Leadership Development - Dallas, TX
- Ursuline Academy - Dallas, TX
- Dartmouth Elementary School - Richardson, TX
- AIA South Atlantic Region Conference - Atlanta, GA
- Architecture Exchange East - Richmond, VA
- Women’s Business Council—Southwest | ACE Committee
- Metrocon11 - Dallas, TX
- AIA Dallas | Dallas Center for Architecture, seminar sponsored by Women in Architecture Committee
- International Furnishings and Design Association Texas Chapter 2010 Boot Camp
- AIA Minnesota Convention 2010
- Texas Society of Architects|AIA 2010, 2011 and 2015 Conventions
- AIA Dallas Associates Committee, Architecture on Tap
- FUNCTION: Social Media Webinar